Cousellors are available to provide educational and career information as well as to discuss any matter of concern that may have an effect on your progress. Arrange to see a counselor if you wish assistance. Lakeshore's counselors work with students through classroom visits, individual academic and career counseling sessions, special programs, referrals to community agencies, college/university applications, course selection, liaison with feeder schools, and referral to night school and summer school.
Our Guidance Counsellors
Mrs. Kootar - Grade 9 Students
Mrs. Craigen- Grade 10-12 Students with last names beginning with A-K
Ms. Walker - Grade 10-12 students with last names beginning with L-Z
What You Need to Graduate
Students must earn the following compulsory credits to obtain the Ontario Secondary School Diploma:
- 4 credits in English
- 3 credits in Mathematics
- 2 credits in Science
- 1 credit in Canadian History
- 1 credit in Canadian Geography
- 1 credit in the Arts
- 1 credit in Health and Physical Education
- 1 credit in French as a Second Language
- 0.5 credit in Career Studies
- 0.5 credit in Civics
Plus one credit from each of the following groups:
- 1 additional credit in English, or a third language, or social sciences and the humanities, or Canadian and world studies, or guidance and career education, or cooperative education.
- 1 additional credit in health and physical education, or the arts, or business studies, or cooperative education.
- 1 additional credit in science, or technological education, or cooperative education.
- French as a second language
In addition to the compulsory credits, students must complete:
- 12 optional credits
- 40 hours of community involvement activities
- The provincial literacy requirement
- Computer Studies